There are just a couple of days left to give this year if you’d like contributions to nonprofit organizations to count towards this year’s tax deductions. So here are a few places you can give where I am confident your money will be used well for the Kingdom of God.
I’ve been on both sides of giving and I used to think if I couldn’t give a big gift or give monthly it was worthless or that it was some sort of insult if I could only give $5 a month or a small one time donation. Now that I’m on the other side I can tell you we truly need both. Even $5 is not an insult, it makes us feel loved, encouraged and supported far beyond you could ever imagine. So please consider supporting some of these people, even if it is a very small amount; just seeing your name in our list of contributors is a great encouragement that I know many of us need.
1. Us of course, you can read about Church Plant in Manhattan and how you can help here if you’re intrested
2. Jon Dunning is the RUF Campus Pastor at K-State. He is working right now to establish this new campus ministry with a great emphasis on teaching the Word of God. Jon is a great guy, he loves the Lord and handles well the need to help new believers wade into the Word of God, while also taking those who have walked with Christ longer deep into Word. Jon is in need of support for the coming year. You can give to Jon by going to GiveToRUF.org and typing in his name, “Jon Dunning.” I know he would really appreciate it.
3. Sam Kassing is working with CRU at K-State and a great guy who cares deeply to see Jesus save sinners. He and his wife Leslie are currently raising funds so they can return to campus in the Spring semester. If you desire to support Sam or learn more about the ministry at their CRU page.
4. Jeff & Carmen Schober. They are a great couple who are involved at Manhattan Pres and will be serving out their last semester at CRU at K-State before transitioning to other vocational work here in Manhattan. You can give at their CRU Page as well.
5. Robbie Hotz grew up as a member of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Overland Park; he was in high school when I began as the Youth Pastor there. Today Robbie is serving with Young Life on their college ministry at Kansas State. If you desire to give to Robbie click here. Then select button that reads, “A Young Life Staff Member’s Ministry” and type in Hotz. I know he would really appreciate any financial support you can give.
6. Ben & Julie Jensen are a couple in our Presbytery who are headed to Japan in 2015 as missionaries. They are so close now to having their full support and so if you’d like to help them get there please consider giving to them here or learn more about them here.
7. David and Katelyn Hardy are also serving with CRU at K-State, learn more about them and give at their ministry page.
There are many more ministries and people worth supporting, I just made this quick list of people I’ve talked to recently and know could use the support and encouragement.
Thank you again for your prayers and support. We don’t take for granted the body of Christ God has graciously given.