I’m really glad I have so many things to bake for, cause I have a ton of recipes collected up that I want to make! This was the latest, and about halfway through baking, I realized that summer really isn’t “fudge season.” They made the cut to make again, but not until the Holidays. They are like a rich Reese PB cup, yum!
Peanut Butter Fudge
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup margarine (I used butter)
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla
6 oz package semi sweet chocolate pieces
7 oz. jar Marshmallow Creme
1/2 cup peanut butter
1. Combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, 6 tablespoons margarine and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in a medium pot.
2. Bring to full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
3. Reduce heat to medium and continue boiling for 4 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
4. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate pieces until melted.
5. Add 1 cup (1/2 jar) marshmallow creme and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until well blended.
6. Pour into greased 13 X 9 pan. (I used a foil-lined and greased one to make it easy to lift them out and cut them–it worked just as planned!)
Repeat with remaining ingredients substituting peanut butter and spread over chocolate.
Then, cool at room temperature and cut into squares.